Veneers – Big Pine Key, FL
Get a Flawless Smile with Veneers
If you’re embarrassed by your teeth, it’s easy to isolate yourself from certain social settings. You don’t need to feel insecure about your appearance. You can get the smile of your dreams in just two appointments with veneers in Big Pine Key, FL. The thin shells instantly improve the overall color, size, shape, and proportion of the teeth At Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry of the Keys, we will drastically transform your teeth so you get a flawless smile with veneers that you will be proud to show off! For more information, contact us to set up your initial consultation.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are one of the most common treatments in cosmetic dentistry because they provide impressive results. Your dentist places thin shells of tooth-colored porcelain to cover cosmetic imperfections on the front-facing surfaces of the teeth. They are customized to closely mimic your enamel when bonded to the teeth. No one will even notice they are there as they hide a variety of aesthetic concerns to improve the overall appearance of your teeth. Veneers are versatile because they can correct several imperfections using just one treatment, such as:
- Dark stains and tooth discoloration
- Chipped, cracked, or abnormally shaped teeth
- Shorter than average teeth
- Close gapped teeth
- Cover minor alignment concerns
The Process of Getting Veneers
After an initial consultation with your dentist in Big Pine Key to confirm that you make a good candidate, you’ll be scheduled for your procedure. If you have sensitive teeth, a local anesthetic may be used to ease any potential discomfort. First, we will clean your teeth and prepare them for bonding. This requires a small amount of enamel to be removed from the tooth’s surface. After your teeth are prepared, a digital impression of your mouth is taken, which is used to carefully craft your veneers to meet your exact specifications.
Crafting your custom veneers can take the dental lab a couple of weeks to ensure they are accurate. As a result, Dr. Cobb will place temporary veneers while you wait. Once your final veneers are ready, you’ll return to our dental office to have them bonded in place.
The Benefits of Veneers
It is no wonder why veneers have become so popular over the years, as they have numerous benefits. Here are just some of the more prominent:
- Natural-Looking: Porcelain used to makes veneers appears just like natural tooth enamel.
- Quick Process: Veneers can be placed in as little as two appointments.
- Whitening Solution: Veneers are more resistant to staining than natural tooth enamel.
- Long-Lasting: With proper maintenance, veneers can last upwards of 15 years!
How Do You Make Veneers Last?
Veneers are thinner than ever, but they are still highly durable. In fact, they can last for 15 years or longer with the right care. You can protect your new smile by keeping a few simple tips in mind:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste to clean your teeth twice a day.
- Floss every night before going to bed.
- Wear a mouthguard if you play sports.
- Don’t use your teeth as tools.
- Don’t chew on inedible objects.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Veneers are a great way to transform numerous aspects of your smile at the same time. However, they aren’t always the ideal option for everyone. To determine whether or not veneers are the solution for you, you need to explore all of your options and have a thorough understanding of the cost. Read on to learn more about cosmetic dental options so you can make an informed decision about the future of your smile.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
For many patients, veneers immediately seem like the ideal option, but you should take a look at all of the cosmetic treatments that are available to see how each one will affect your smile. They have a variety of price points and help patients achieve a wide array of outcomes. Here are some of the most common solutions available:
- Invisalign – Invisalign is an ideal option for patients who have misalignment. This treatment costs several thousands of dollars, but it is one of the best ways to correct crooked teeth and bite problems.
- Teeth Whitening –Professional teeth whitening is a quick solution for surface discoloration, and it is much more affordable than other cosmetic options. Results can last anywhere between a couple of months to several years depending on how well you care for them.
- Direct Bonding – This minimally invasive procedure can be completed in just one short visit. It is one of the most affordable cosmetic options available, and it’s great for correcting minor flaws, including small chips, stains, and gaps. Bonding lasts anywhere between 3 to 10 years.
- Veneers – Veneers aren’t the cheapest option out there, but they are the easiest way to transform numerous aspects of your smile at the same time. This includes the shape, color, and minor misalignment. The whole process can be completed in as few as two appointments and lasts up to 15 years or longer with proper maintenance.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Veneers aren’t usually covered by dental insurance because they are considered to be an elective procedure. The good news is that this doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be left completely on your own. We work with CareCredit, a third-party financing company that can split the cost of your treatment into manageable monthly installments with little to no interest. Talk to one of our friendly team members to learn more.
To find out exactly how much you can expect your veneers to cost, schedule a consultation with us. We’re eager to help you achieve your dream smile!
If you’re looking for a more dramatic smile makeover, veneers could be the beautiful cosmetic solution you’ve been looking for. However, they are quite an investment, so it pays to be well informed. Here are the answers to some of the most common questions we receive about veneers in Big Pine Key. If you don’t see the information that you’re looking for below, give us a call. We’d be happy to walk you through the procedure and get you started with an initial consultation.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Veneers aren’t technically permanent because they will eventually need to be replaced. However, they are considered to be irreversible. This is because small amounts of enamel need to be removed to ensure the veneers fit properly on the teeth. Removed enamel doesn’t grow back, so teeth that have been prepared in this way will always need to be covered with crowns or veneers.
Will I Still Be Able to Drink Coffee with Veneers?
Veneers that are made from porcelain are stain-resistant. Porcelain is a nonporous material, so the particles in dark-colored foods and beverages have a harder time slipping beneath the surface. Ultimately, you should be able to drink coffee without worrying too much about staining your veneers. Just keep in mind that veneers are not stain-proof. Excessive consumption of coffee and other dark colored beverages can still have a negative impact over time. Moderation is key!
Can Veneers Be Used for Bite Corrections?
Because veneers can’t change the actual position of the teeth or jaw, their effectiveness for correcting bite problems will vary depending on how severe the issue is. If you have a mild open bite, veneers may be able to make your teeth look longer and wider so that they appear to line up correctly. You can also use veneers to hide small gaps between the teeth. Veneers will only ever be recommended for bite issues that don’t cause significant oral health problems but affect your appearance. If you intend on undergoing orthodontic treatment and getting veneers, you should start with orthodontic treatment.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
The goal of veneers is for all of your visible teeth to match. Therefore, you’ll receive an appropriate number of veneers to accomplish this goal. Some patients opt for a single veneer to cover one pesky tooth while others get anywhere from 6 to 12 for a more complete smile makeover. During your initial consultation, we will determine what the right number of veneers is for you.